Senior Manager of Security System Engineering and Data Analytics
Posted on Jan 25, 2020 by Request Technology
*Permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Senior Manager of Security System Engineering and Data Analytics. This person will manage large groups of 15 plus and will manage other managers, team leads, and staff and will set the direction for automation in the global SOC center. They will set the strategy and direction for risk based content development for the global SOC center. This person will be the subject matter expert for the monitoring of the global SOC center. Our client is looking for someone who has 5 to 10 years of large team management and 10+ years of experience working in information security with a focus on development, system, administration, or monitoring.
- Provide oversight and direction of system engineering manager and data analytics manager as well as the team leads
- Set the strategy and direction for automation in the Global Security Fusion Center
- Set the strategy and direction for risk-based content development in the Global Security Fusion Center
- Maintain and enhance team training and career advancement plans
- Direct teams on process improvement, new technology acquisition, and staffing requirements
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and projects at once
- Overall ownership of all engineering projects, onboarding of logs for systems, applications, and databases, and providing these services to subsidiaries of Company
- Serve as a subject matter expert as it pertains engineering and monitoring for the Global Security Fusion Center
- The ideal candidate will have 5 to 10 years of large team management (at least 15 employees) and at least 10+ years information security experience with focus on secure development, system administration, or monitoring.
- They should have advanced technical knowledge of network security, operating system security, vulnerability management, common attacker techniques and exploits, encryption, and SIEM.
- They should know how to manage complex projects They should have significant leadership experience.
- They should have significant experience in communicating technical topics to both technical and non-technical leadership teams.
- They must be able to manage multiple initiatives at once in addition to day-to-day operations.
Skills and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge in system administration
- Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Unix/Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of SIEM technologies and use case design
- Moderate knowledge of SOAR (Security Orchestration and Automated Response) technologies and capabilities
- Moderate experience with technical architecture
- Moderate experience with Scripting (Python, Java, Go)
- Moderate knowledge of secure development
- Moderate knowledge of audit requirements (PCI, HIPPA, SOX, etc)
- Ability to communicate security risk to executive leaders in business risk language
- Ability to coach and mentor staff while explaining expectations
- Experience in developing and maturing metrics across multiple security operations areas
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC)
- Certified Ethical hacker (CEH)
- Certified Expert penetration tester (CEPT)
- Certified Python Coder (GPYC)
- Networking Certifications (CCNA, etc)
- Platform Certifications (Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc)