SQL Server/Excel/VBA Developer- Zurich, Switzerland
Posted on Jan 25, 2020 by SystemRS
SQL Server/Excel/VBA Developer - Zurich, Switzerland
Excel/VBA, SQL Server, Oracle SQL
About the role
- As a Software Engineer you will have a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic company, committed to delivering value added services in the investment product space.
- You will be part of the IT Development department, responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining key business tools for the Risk Control Department.
YOUR TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with the Risk Control Department and IT units to implement, maintain and support key software solutions using Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL and Excel/VBA
- Improve and maintain existing Excel/VBA solutions that tightly integrate into our Datawarehouse and Pnl-Analyzer infrastructure.
- Provide support for these solutions and your own developments
- Proactively reach out to your clients and peer developers, sit next to them, and understand their needs and requirements without Business Analysts
- Build trust-based relationships with your colleagues and clients
- Produce quality code that will stay maintainable for many years
- Proven track-record in creating Excel/VBA-based solutions based on complex database-schemas
- Proven track-record in creating stored procedures and schema design in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle SQL
- Strong understanding of data-warehouse-design
- Good spoken and written English communication skills
- Good knowledge of risk control of financial products or a strong interest in learning about it
- Keen to explore the world of investment banking and derivative financial products
Nice to have
- Professional experience with Essbase and MDX
- Professional experience with SSAS