Service Desk Analyst/Deskside Support/2nd Level Support
Posted on Jan 25, 2020 by eTeam Inc.
Role: Service Desk Analyst/Deskside Support/2nd Level Support
Location: Shannon, Ireland
Role Type: Contract
- Provide hardware/software/network problem diagnosis/resolution via telephone/email/chat for end users
- Route problems to internal 2nd and 3rd level IT support staff.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff that provide hardware/software/network problem resolution.
- Administer and provide User account provisioning.
- Use the Incident Management System to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumventions.
- Responds to telephone calls, email, instant messages, and assigned tickets from users; Assign work orders/incidents to appropriate support teams and follow up until closure.
- Respond to, and diagnose, problems through discussions with users, including problem recognition, logs, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps.
- Provide level 1 remote desktop support and perform other activities based on SOPs
- Perform user account management activities
- Escalate complex problem to appropriate support specialists
- Responsible for activities relating to the evaluation, analysis, and setup of PC-based software products (eg, word processors, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, database management systems, electronic mail, and communications)
- Troubleshoot client software and basic network connectivity problems
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and complaints
- May train users and operators on a limited basis and/or may write training procedures
- Participate in on-going training and departmental development
- Routine maintenance updates with other IT staff and business units
- Provide all required documentation including standards, configurations.
- Coordinate desktop changes to avoid deployment collisions.
- Prepare requests for rollout
- Coordinate implementation process
- Keep track of request and make sure they are implemented as planned
- Participate in incident handling concerning desktop changes.
- Participate in projects concerning bigger desktop changes, for example rollout of new antivirus. Perform centralised remote/soft IMACs through Remote Desktop support tools
- Managing user account across applications running on various platforms like IBMAIX, Windows, Active Directory, etc
- To create and administer LAN accounts of the users
- To create and administer various shared resources eg Distribution Lists, Directories etc
- Ensure that the customer has the appropriate access to the tools to support the business in an efficient way
- System Administrator for the User Account Maintenance and Incident Management Systems including general housekeeping
- Create LAN and/or E-mail account for the users and administer them.
- Grant permissions on various network resources available to users.
- Creation and administration of Global groups.
- Creation and modification of exchange resources like Distribution Lists, Shared Email account, Shared Calendar and Conference Rooms.
- Creation of New Directories as per the customer guidelines and grant permissions on them.
- Setting up shares as per the client standards and granting permissions on them.
- Creation, modification and deletion of user accounts on AIX.
- Creation, modification and deletion of users accounts on AD and any other systems.
- Perform development and maintenance of knowledge base for the User Account Maintenance Processes
- File share permissions and user access Compliance verification
- You have prior IT support experience and you have strong analytical and troubleshooting experience. You have fluent spoken and written English and you have excellent communication skills, great customer service skills and a proven ability to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, where all information is shared.
- You have the ability to learn new information quickly and the willingness to do so at all times. You can work flexible hours from time to time to cover for other help desk staff and to be on call via mobile phone device during the week.
- The ideal candidate will have a technical helpdesk or a technical call centre background, with circa 1-2 years of IT helpdesk/desk side support experience, with experience of problem solving involving hardware, involving hardware, software, and networks.
- You can successfully provide hardware/software/network problem analysis and resolution support over the phone and you have hands-on work experience with Windows Operating systems, Windows7, Windows 2000, Win 8+ and Win 10, etc, with a knowledge of Active Directory and/or Office 365. You have experience of supporting Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 2012 and Exchange 2003/2007. You must be fully authorised to work in Ireland
Experience of any of the following would be desirable (but is not essential):
- Understanding and experience of change management process.
- ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, Service Now.
- Remote desktop connectivity applications like Skype for Business, Windows remote assistance etc.
- Knowledge of Remote Desktop tools
- Working knowledge of ticketing system for Incident management.
- User account creation for Active Directory, Exchange Mailboxes, Distribution lists
- VPN and remote dial-in users
- MCP/MSCE/MSCA or HDI CSS or Cisco certification
- ITIL knowledge of V2 or V3, especially on Service Desk, Incident, Problem, and Change Management