Oracle DBA with Golden Gate/Data Warehouse, Perm, Houston
Posted on Jan 24, 2020 by Electronic Transaction Consultants Corporation
Oracle DBA with Golden Gate/Data Warehouse , Perm, Houston
Works independently under general direction of the Corporate Lead Database Administrator; able to demonstrate technical experience with recent hands-on capabilities and strong problem solving skills; is detail oriented and highly organized; is able to communicate regularly on project and task progress; responsible for resolving issues in a timely manner; must possess basic communication skills both written and verbal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the dedicated support team, the candidate will administer database and application systems (eg Oracle RDBMS, Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Application Server), and perform all duties related to on-going operations of the database infrastructure running on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Review, Tune, and Improve Existing Oracle CDC-based Data Warehouse Systems
- Convert Oracle CDC-based Change Capture into Oracle Golden Gate Change Capture
- Develop and Support Data Warehouse ETL and Data Mart Operations
- Build and Configure Data Warehouse Environments to include Production
- Support Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
- Participate in team meetings and training as required.
- Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, providing options, recommendations, and additional actions relating to resolving issues, mitigating risks, and resolving escalated items
- Must understand Java runtime concepts such as heap memory, thread dumps, garbage collection, etc.
- Investigate and troubleshoot tickets by querying database and viewing server logs
- Able to produce statistical data/charts/graphs
- Identify issue trends and develop ways to prevent future occurrences
- Strong experience working with Java based web Servers and applications required
- Experience working with Linux environments required
- Ability to distinguish between critical and non-critical issues; strong problem solving skills.
- Five or more years' experience with Data Warehouse Operations
- Five or more years' experience with Oracle CDC based change capture and apply
- Two or more years' experience with Golden Gate replication
- Five or more years' experience with Oracle Database Administration
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle database Servers (10g, 11g, or 12c)
- Experience with Oracle Application Servers (10.1.2 & 10.1.3 or higher) strongly preferred
- Background in WebLogic Administration, best practices and standard procedures strongly preferred
- Experience with Apache web server setup and configuration.
- Experience with Java application support and troubleshooting.
- Experience with high availability and failover concepts and implementation.
- Strong understanding in PL/SQL and SQL and able to write SQL query.
- Experience in PCI Compliance is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to understand and interface with infrastructure and Development organizations and internal business owners.
- Must have BS/BA in Mathematics or Computer Science or related experience
- Relevant technical certifications or equivalent related working experience.
- Used to working in a production environment where noise levels can be high at times with activity going on
- Able to work in Datacenter with continuous high volume air flow.
- 7x24 support so ability to be oncall as needed in rotation.