IT Application Management Specialist with 2nd line experience - Switze
Posted on Jan 24, 2020 by RIZE Worldwide Ltd
IT Application Management Specialist with 2nd line experience
My client a market leading technology company is looking to recruit IT Application Management Specialists for long term contract assignments based in Switzerland.
- You will be Interested in a support role within the Cash/Asset Servicing area
- You will be responsible to ensure all our internal processes run smooth and operational risks are highlighted and mitigated on time.
- You will act as the point of contact when issues are raised for the application landscape, making stakeholder management a key component of this role. It would be expected that you maintain excellent positive relations with our key users
- 2nd level Support analyst and provide general and technical expertise to investigate, diagnose and apply workarounds and standard solutions to incidents arising primarily within his/her application domain area
You will need the following skills and expertise for this assignment;
- Proven track record of min 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience in IT Process Management, PL1 (program language), SQL/DB2 and IMS,MQ
- You possess knowledge of Securities Processing and understanding of Securities Settlement processes
- You have an understanding and work experience with Mainframe environment
- Experience and very good business understanding as well as technical
- Contribution to the process optimization, participating in operational improvements and quality reviews
- You have Ability to take over responsibility and to work effectively in a team
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You have understanding of incident management and Problem management process.
- Flexibility to do on-call duty and to work sporadically in non-peak hours (bank holidays/weekend)
It would be highly advantgageous if you speak German
It would be highly advantageous if you have worked for or alongside Credit Suisse
Send CVs now to avoid disappointment