Financial Analyst II
Posted on Jan 24, 2020 by Akamai Technologies Limited
As the Finance Analyst supporting the Sales Finance Organisation, you will be based at our Akamai EMEA headquarters in Addlestone or London and will report to the Finance Manager for Web EMEA, focusing on monthly and quarterly planning and analysis for EMEA, specifically revenue, in-depth analysis of product and country performance, support of business case development and the annual budget process, and other ad-hoc analyses and tasks as required.
As the role holder, you will be help to continuously improve reporting analytics and support a dynamic division within the company. You will be looked upon to develop good analysis and value-add support to the organization by bringing creativity and enthusiasm to the job, while drawing upon your past experiences.
You will also have experience of consolidati on for Regional Reporting, have experience with Management and have the ability to help generate executive presentations that consolidate the regions results and clearly identify the key messages for the region.
- The analysis of actuals each month, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and long term plans.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting of monthly results and key business drivers/metrics (Revenue & OpEx).
- Provide proactive analysis and insights on key drivers of the business, including trends on pricing, traffic and other KPI's.
- Business partnering alongside sales to help improve the overall performance of the business.
- Collaborate with sales management to ensure alignment of sales processes to drive corporate initiatives and revenue results.
- Demonstrate the ability to use their initiative, work with prescriptive guidelines, and prioritise time effectively (for themselves, and eventually - the team) to deliver accurate results to deadlines.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis/reports and provide analytical support as needed.
- Serve as the Finance interface for Sales (month-end close, budget administration, accruals, etc.)
About the Team
The Finance team manages the end-to-end planning process of the Division in EMEA, which includes all financial planning and budgeting activities. The team acts as a key business partner assisting the management team and the region in achieving or improving their understanding of operating results by providing timely and accurate financial information and analysis, and identifying risks and opportunities to help them operate and scale their respective organizations more effectively and efficiently.
- Education: Master's degree in Finance, Business Administration, or ACMA.
- Relevant experience, including a financial analysis role and business partnership experience
- Excel Financial Modelling experience.
- Systems Proficiency: Excel, Hyperion, tableau
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate credibly with senior management.
- "Self-starter" able to self-motivate in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to provide data -backed analysis.
- Strong drive for results, an investigative mentality, with the ability to handle ambiguity and cross-functional team dynamics.
- Worked for a multinational company and/or within the telecoms industry.
- Systems Proficiency: SalesForce, Anaplan