Senior Solutions Engineer
Posted on Jan 24, 2020 by Akamai Technologies Limited
About the Job
- Senior Solutions Engineers are experienced sales engineering professionals, adept at defining solutions that meet the business and technical requirements of existing and prospective Akamai customers.
- A Solution Engineer is self-motivated, capable of leading technical sales activities, managing the customer technical relationship, and assuming subject matter expert responsibilities within Akamai, understanding customer business drivers, matching those to Akamai's technology and clearly articulating complex solutions.
- The Media Senior Solution Engineer will focus on our largest Broadcast, Online Video, Publishing, Gaming, Gambling and Sports customers in EMEA.
About the Team
The Media Pre Sales team is a diverse group of industry experts and Internet technologists working with the top online companies. Having joined Akamai from a range of backgrounds across the industry, they engage with our customers to consult on industry best practices, design and build quality solutions, and always maintain the highest quality customer service.
The Media team is an experienced group of industry experts and Internet technologists working with the top online consumer brands. Having joined Akamai from a range of backgrounds across the industry, they engage with our customers to consult on industry best practices, design and build quality solutions, and always maintain the highest quality customer service.
- Drive revenues and bookings by managing the technical pre-sales process and evangelizing Akamai's technology to existing and prospective customers, and to drive new product and service offerings
- Partner with direct sales and Executive Sponsors to educate existing and prospective customers about Akamai's services - this includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
- Engage and coordinate customers and internal teams in the development of customer proposals, design and delivery, demo, proof of concepts, ensuring all expertise, information and recommendations are concisely defined, while meeting Akamai quality control standards.
- Support and educate Sales, Marketing and other internal departments to ensure that customers get appropriate updates, upgrades and event-oriented solutions
- Show high standards of leadership - actively developing and mentoring team members
- Work closely with Product Management and associated teams to develop future product direction and strategy - providing valuable input from the field
- Travel to support pre-sales activities at customer locations or industry events when necessary
- Drive excellent customer satisfaction by understanding and delivering against customer expectations
- Experience working with cloud technologies
- Experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
- Experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design, Video Streaming technologies and Security (WAF, DDoS protection)
- Thorough understanding and experience in broadcast solutions, media streaming, and OTT solutions.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, drive for results, interpersonal savvy, and customer focus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business related subjects to all audiences.
- Technical programming background, Web Services experience a plus
- Experience with hosting or developing Internet delivered applications, managed security services, enterprise and data center networks, caching proxies, and load balancing.