Posted on Jan 24, 2020 by Adler & Allan
Location: Waltham Cross (UK Wide)
About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting out customers at the heart of what we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
The Role :
Due to increased growth and planned projects, we are looking for Technical Estimators to join our Fuel Infrastructure Services team. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the Technical Estimator's primary role is that of technical sales, estimating all works (remedial, small projects, large projects, and reactive works) for the FIS division. The postholder is required to offer technical support to other members of the division and be an integral part of the Technical Services team. This post carries a high level of responsibility and as such the postholder must demonstrate a continued commercial and operational awareness whilst promoting the success of the division and Company.
The postholder will be contracted to a 40 hour week, Monday to Friday with a one hour meal break; start and finish times will be flexible. Due to the nature of the Company's business and that of customers and clients, the postholder will be expected to dedicate time to ensure all duties are complete and the service delivered is of a high standard. This may on occasion involve undertaking work outside of contractual hours without overtime payment. The postholder may be required to work away from place of work which may involve overnight stay.
The key tasks and responsibilities associated with this role are;
* Undertaking full and concise site surveys, preparing and submitting accurate works quotations and job engineering.
* Follow divisional process and company financial operational approval processes. This includes a full and concise handover to the project delivery team (including RAMS) as part of the divisional process.
* Attend site to provide technical / sales support as required by PM / Division.
* Preparation of RAMS to a high standard and fully compliant with relevant legislation.
* Provide support to any other member of staff as and when required e.g. during holidays or absences.
* Provide accurate weekly sales KPIs to Divisional Manager and Technical Manager in a timely and efficient manner.
* Be prepared to provide accurate and timely ad-hoc reports relating to a specific job/works or present a general overview for all on-going works for wh