Director of Nursing
Posted on Jan 24, 2020 by Heinzerling Foundation
Would you like the opportunity to do your best work in a community that provides compassionate, respectful care to children and adults with developmental disabilities? We are the Heinzerling Community, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Nursing. In this role you will have the opportunity to support the organization and develop new initiatives to support our residents and enable them to live lives full of opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to join our team!
The Director of Nursing will lead the Nursing department (approximately six nursing supervisors and 40 nurses) in the medical care of our residents and promote cooperation among staff in an interdisciplinary team environment.
The Director of Nursing will develop a culture of caring excellence towards residents and staff. The Heinzerling Community is a private, non-profit ICF (intermediate care facility) that provides residential care for children and young adults with multiple disabilities, including individuals with severe or profound developmental disabilities. Care is based on a person centered model rather than a medical model. We encourage a strong collaborative approach in an interdisciplinary team environment. We have one location with several buildings all on one campus.
- Registered nurse (RN) with current licensure from the Ohio State Board of Nursing; Bachelor's/Masters' preferred. Current CPR
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible nursing, managerial, and administrative experience
- Proven leadership experience and ability to effectively coach staff
- Experience in a long term care setting and/or with individuals with disabilities; working knowledge of Medicaid and Licensure rules and regulations
- Proactive and effective communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Dedicated to working in a team environment collaborating with all levels of the organization
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with 50% contribution match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Heinzerling Community is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.