Posted on Jan 24, 2020 by Heinzerling Foundation
Would you like the opportunity to do your best work in a community that provides compassionate, respectful care to children and adults with developmental disabilities? We are the Heinzerling Community, and we have an exciting opportunity for an IT Technician. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support the organization and develop new initiatives to continue to build the IT infrastructure. We invite you to join our team!
Installs, modifies and makes repairs to computer hardware and software systems and provides technical assistance to system users. Plans, coordinates and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure.
- Four year college or technical degree in computer science or IT and 2 years' experience in IT, database management, computer science, networking or related programs; or Two year degree in computer science or information technology plus 4 years' experience in information technology, database management, computer science, networking or related programs. Professional certifications required as indicated below
- A+ Computer and A+ Networking certifications required
- Must have working knowledge of Active Directory, Servers and server hardware/software
- Must have practical networking experience
- VPN knowledge a plus
- Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user's premises
- Loads software packages such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into computer
- Enters commands and observes system functions to verify correct system operation
- Responds to user inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems
- Instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals
- Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems
- Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups.
- Evaluates new software and hardware to determine usefulness and compatibility with existing hardware and software and recommends purchase of equipment
- Consults with development/public relations staff to plan web site design and content
- Coordinates installation, repair and updates to phone system and updates users and voicemails
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan with 50% contribution match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Heinzerling Community is an Equal Opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.