DevOps Automation Consultant
Posted on Jan 24, 2020 by Flint Consulting Limited
Flint is looking for a highly technical Automation Consultant to provide post-sales on-site support to customers using Juniper infrastructure. This is a hands-on' role within the Customer network using network automation technologies to design, develop, deploy and test solutions for Juniper Networks products.
- The Automation Consultant is an important role in innovating, developing and delivering software solutions.
- Understand the Customer requirements and convert to high level and low level work items.
- Identify customer automation goals and determine the solutions that are best placed to achieve them.
- Full life cycle software development in a collaborative environment.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of industry and Juniper Networks automation solutions.
- Work in a consultative manner to deliver Automation solutions to Customer teams.
- Interface with Customer on technical aspects of the project
Technical Skills Required
- Experience with at least one programming language, Python is preferred.
- Expertise with Ansible, Robot Framework, Jenkins, Git, Jinja2, JSON, YAML, Grafana, InfluxDB DevOps
- Knowledge of ML/AI algorithms and domain-specific languages (DSL).CI/CD and Agile methodology.
- Experience with Unix, Docker & Kubernetes containers.
- Virtualization technology (VMware ESXi and Linux KVM).
- Design and code integrations using REST APIs and event-driven technologies (Kafka).
- Experience with network programming (REST, sockets, gRPC, APIs).
- Good knowledge of network management protocols (NETCONF, SNMP, Syslog, IPFIX, telemetry).
- Good understanding of networking concepts (OSI layers, particularly layers 2 and 3, switching and routing)
- Extensive experience in a technical role including strong experience supporting large SP networks.
- Knowledge of IP-related protocols including IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, RSVP, LDP, MPLS VPNs and QoS solutionsG.
- Understanding of Junos Operating system, hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper Networks products.
- Strong knowledge of the design principles and operations in SP network.
- Knowledge of SDN technologies such as Openstack and Open Contrail
- Bachelor of Science degree in a computing, IT or networking subject, or the equivalent relevant experience.
- 10+ years of experience in the telecommunications industry.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing and delivering network automation solutions using the technologies described above.
- Operational experience, either running or supporting SP network infrastructure.
- The problem-solving approach combined with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
Location, Krakow. Language, Polish & English some Travel 10%
Flint is a supplier of services to the ICT Industry. Apply for an immediate interview.