Java Developer - London - Financial Services
Posted on Jan 23, 2020 by Strike IT Services
Java Developer is required for a leading Tech Financial Services platform provider based in London. As the Java Developer, you will be working on a variety of projects from small prototypes to multi-year business transformation and integration projects.
- You will work as part of a close multidisciplinary team to analyze and design systems for our clients, covering various sources and types of requirements and constraints.
- You will implement and test key components of the system, and guide junior colleagues in the component implementation.
- You will define and implement testing strategies and work with client IT and business teams on acceptance criteria, integration, etc.
- You will implement agile processes on the projects.
- You will contribute practice development by contributing to career and skill development of your colleagues, improving internal processes and contributing to client outreach, meetups, etc.
Java 8 or greater
System analysis and design
Java services ecosystems (Spring, etc.)
Java data persistence ecosystems (Hibernate, databases, etc.)
Java messaging ecosystems (JMS, message-oriented Middleware, streaming, etc.)
Continuous Integration ecosystems, including build and test frameworks and tools (Jenkins, Maven, JUnit, Cucumber, etc.)
Agile development methodology (Scrum and its variants)
Other JVM languages such as Scala, Kotlin, etc.
Experience with formal architecture, design and requirements methods
Experience with cloud ecosystems (AWS, etc.)
Exposure to information architecture and user interface design
Experience in consulting
Experience in finance or capital markets