Security Engineer III
Posted on Jan 23, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Security Engineer III. This role is revolved ensuring that the corporate systems and networking are designed and implemented to meet the industry security standards. This role is responsible for helping establish, develop, design, recommend, and implement a security framework that encompasses Mainframe, distributed systems, network, and applications for current and new systems. They need someone who grew up in their career working on security infrastructure and understands OS, Networking, and applications and who can help with vulnerability research and management.
- The Security Engineer III works with security architecture and affiliate security representatives to coordinate and/or lead security architecture activities across the enterprise.
- The Security Engineer III will evaluate new security risks, threats and vulnerabilities. Will lead staff in remediation efforts and will act as incident leader as required and as appropriate.
- The Security Engineer III will create security project plans for the most complex projects and prepare documentation as required.
- As part of the Cyber Risk Solutions team you will conduct in-depth vulnerability research, drive remediation efforts, measure and manage secure baselines, identify and issue risk advisories on critical findings, and work with technical operations and development teams to identify, resolve, and remediate security vulnerabilities throughout our systems using cutting edge technology, processes, and tools.
- 5+ years minimum experience, including at least two years as a Senior level security member of a large organization managing and/or designing large scale security architecture.
- Very experienced in cyber security, demonstrated knowledge of windows, Linux, and network security, especially as related to system hardening and vulnerability research and management.
- College Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or equivalent experience. Security certification is desired.
- Written & Verbal Skills Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare various forms of reports, correspondence and presentations.
- Leadership skills, process and procedure oriented in a large service provider organization, with proven experience handling confidential information in a professional manner.
- Understanding of security principles in a large organization is required. Experienced in the development and implementation of security policies is required.
- Ability to create and update project plans, status reports and project presentations.