1st Line Service Desk Support Analyst
Posted on Jan 23, 2020 by CRL
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, hardworking 1st line service desk consultant to join this established MSP client based in Cardiff. This is a key role within the business and has a variety of responsibilities. In the first instance it is to provide 1st level technical support to customers with Microsoft and Wintel environments as part of their IT Managed Services agreements. This includes being the 1st responder to a customer request for support and providing incident management services.
This is a key role within the business, it is a Customer Services role and has a variety of responsibilities:-
First Line customer telephone and email support for the Service Desk
Assisting the Technical Consultants with remote monitoring services daily checks
Customer Service Report Production
Incident escalations management
Managing the Service Desk ticketing system
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential responsibilities of the Junior Service Desk Consultant includes:-
- Demonstrable professional approach to relationship building.
- Team player.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- 1st Line responder to customer incidents or change requests.
- Daily system checks and responding to system alerts.
- Management of the Service Desk tools.
- Escalating to 2nd Level support and managing customer expectations.
- Assisting with Service Reports.
- Working with the A/C Managers on service improvement plans & service development.
- Working closely with IT Operation and Technical Consultants.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Good organisational and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrate a high level of independent judgment and initiative.
Be totally self-motivated and self-managed.