Database Administrator III
Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by La-Z-Boy Incorporated
Define, create, and maintain the enterprise data model with focus on Oracle
RDBMS. Also maintain and administer Postgres RDBMS.
* Administer all database objects - tables, clusters, indexes, view,
sequences, packages and procedures on both the Oracles and Postgres
databases. Schedule and optimize maintenance tasks such as reorg/re-
index, update statistics to ensure optimal performance and availability.
Reorganize databases structures at regular intervals to provide an
efficient database environment that will maximize productivity and
* Analyze, test, and implement database design supporting various business
applications for development, integrated test and production
* Design, implement, and enforce the company's data security policies.
Responsible for logical and physical database design, backup and recovery
strategy including disaster recovery, high availability, load strategy
design and implementation, security, and change management.
* Identify and lead strategic database initiatives, including upgrades, new
technology and processes (e.g., patches, compliance, security), and new
roles; engaging the appropriate cross functional technical resources to
determine solutions, recommend outcomes and drive project plan through to
* Provide first level application support in Oracle, Postgres, and
Microsoft database environments running on Linux and Windows servers.
Facilitate application development and customer problem resolution with
optimum speed and efficiency.
* Conduct application transaction volume and traffic analysis assessing the
impact of database performance. Monitor database growth and usage to
ensure optimum performance and stability in production environment.
* Design and configure database architecture, including hardware and
* Perform data refreshes on request to support development and model office
Scope_ & _Impact
This position will support the mission critical databases - Agile, RMS, OTM,
SOM, and SOA.
* Bachelor s degree with 4 - 6 years of relevant experience or equivale
* Up to 10% travel
* One to three years of supervisory / leadership experience
* Technical Skills: Oracle Real Applications Cluster (RAC); Oracle
Automatic Storage Management (ASM); Oracle Enterprise Manager; Oracle
* Project management, System development lifecycle, written and oral
* Oracle DBA certification
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
Office environment / no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
Lead the Team
Impact and Influence
Coach and Develop
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that
are required of the incumbent for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
La-Z-Boy Incorporated and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers that
support and subscribe to a policy of nondiscrimination in all aspects of
employment. La-Z-Boy will not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, genetic information, protected veteran
status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable laws.