Quality Control Technician III/Mon-Fri
Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world's largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world's largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we've built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage starting on the first day. We also offer Disability and Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 6% match on the 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Tuition Assistance.). This position is located at our facility in the International Center, near the Salt Lake City International Airport (4745 Wiley Post Way, 84116). For more on Teva, check us out at or .
This position is responsible for supervising analysts and technicians working in the Quality Control Laboratory. The position coordinates all work associated with the various phases of the commercial production schedule, and is responsible for planning and scheduling of raw materials, finished products, method transfer and special projects into the Quality Control (QC) testing sections. Additionally, this position will conduct and document laboratory investigations and execute projects.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any incumbents with reasonable accommodation if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in other related duties or assignments.
* Responsible for assisting and coordinating the initial and on-going training of analysts and technicians with regard to safety, regulatory and cGMP issues associated with working in the QC Laboratory.
* Responsible for prioritizing and coordinating testing of raw material, in-process, bulk product, packaged finished product, stability samples, micro samples, and/or water samples for analysts, as needed to support manufacturing. Assist in the checking/auditing of raw data and various logs generated by analysts.
* Responsible for liaising between QC functional groups (Finished Product, Raw Materials, Sampling, etc) and internal and external partners to set priorities and schedules to meet timelines.
* Responsible for generating a rolling daily/weekly Master Planning Schedule for Quality Control Lab based off the priority of Operations.
* Responsible for compiling QC Metrics (internal and corporate) and communicating within and above site as required.
* Responsible for performing revisions to Standard Operating Procedures, Test Methods, and Specifications.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
* Requires a minimum of 2 year's experience in an environment supporting a production operation.
* Requires experience with an in-depth knowledge of cGMP and other applicable industry regulatory requirements as they relate to the production of pharmaceutical products and associated quality systems.
* Requires a Bachelor's degree in chemistry or related scientific discipline or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years relevant progressive experience in a Quality Control laboratory environment.
* Prefer previous Supervisory experience
Manufacturing Quality Control
In process of validation
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on 'Employee Central'. By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.
Teva's Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.
Nearest Major Market: Salt Lake City