IT Systems Engineer
Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by Rohde Schwarz GmbH Co KG
We are looking for a highly motivated IT Systems Engineer to join our Americas IT Infrastructure team. The position will be based out of Columbia, MD and will deliver primary support in maintaining Data Center Infrastructure in the Americas Region, while providing follow-the-sun support to Rohde and Schwarz global IT infrastructure. This position offers a fantastic growth and learning opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing global team that supports Rohde and Schwarz critical IT systems and infrastructure components.
IT Systems Engineer
* Primary support as IT systems administrator in maintaining Server, Storage and Network Infrastructure within R & S Americas region.
* Provide complete operational life-cycle and project based support for R & S Americas Infrastructure.
* Participate in 24/7 follow-the-sun operating model along with Munich Corporate and Asia Pacific regional teams to support R & S global infrastructure.
* Provide security operations support in maintaining Checkpoint Firewalls within the Americas region.
* Create and maintain SOPs, reference standards, architecture diagrams and other supporting documents as required.
* Continue to identify and implement regular operational activities that can be automated and or transitioned to Level 1 support after adequate documentation and knowledge transfer for swift issue resolution and better customer experience.
* As part of a larger team, maintain R & S Infrastructure that meets and beats the established OLAs on both availability and performance.
* Follow R & S established ITSM standards while resolving incidents, problems & service requests and while making changes to Infrastructure.
* Continuously assess the technology and service risk within Americas Infrastructure and make improvements to mitigate those risks.
* Work independently, within a team environment to achieve business objectives.
* Minimum Domestic and International travel would be required
* Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, technology or other pertinent area of study;
* 3+ years of 24/7 operational experience working on production infrastructure is required - on-call support
* 3+ years of hands-on experience in minimum of 5 of the following technology domains: Windows Server Administration including Microsoft Active Directory, DNS/DHCP/DFS, RedHat Linux Server administration, Hypervisor - Vsphere (ESXi, Vcenter), Cisco networking - Switches, Routers & Wireless, Checkpoint Firewalls
* Hands-on experience or good understanding of the below technology areas would be highly desired: Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Web Proxy, Silverpeak WAN Accelerators or equivalent, Load Balancers, Monitoring tools
* Good analytical and troubleshooting skills and experience handling simultaneous high-priority issues
* Working experience in handling tasks that are project based and operational
* Demonstrable experience in creating quality SOPs and architecture documents
* EU and Asia Pacific International Experience, including working in different time-zones & with global teams, is a strong plus
* German or Spanish Language skills is a strong plus.
* Experience in dealing directly with business users/customers and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Must be a United States Person
If this sounds like the job you've been looking for, please email your resume to and reference job number US-BWI--001. Rohde & Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer. via E-Mail
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.