Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by Cognizant US Corporation
We are looking for Application Support (.NET & Incident Management) for an immediate need. This is a client-facing role & the candidate will have regular interactions with various client managers. Job Description:
- Technical Support and Sustained engineering across Windows and Linux applications and services
- Supporting Enterprise Software via Incident Handling and Service Requests.
- Responsible for responding to customer requests and incidents through a standard ticketing process
- Performing maintenance on critical production servers.
- The support associate is responsible for plan and implement changes in Production
- Maintaining, enhancing, revising documentation for supported applications
- Co-ordinate with vendor for respective third party applications
- Communicate with stakeholders the business impact of various incidents and change orders
- Sustained engineering work to maintain assets and resolve incidents at root
- 247 support for Critical incidents and Emergency requests
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7 to 10 yrs of experience in L2 to L3 level of Application Support
- Strong knowledge and understanding about Application Architecture and how they interact with various systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience to run critical & complex incidents.
- Experience in writing scripts preferably in PowerShell and SQL for automation
- Fair to good understanding of a Build and Deploy process
- Good knowledge in ITIL Concepts (Incident, Problem, Change and Release Management)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to handle communication at different various levels and diverse population
- Ability to run small to medium sustained engineering projects end to end involving enhancements and automation These are a plus:- Programming knowledge in Microsoft .NET, C#
- Teamcity (or any Continuous Integration tools eg: Jenkins etc)- Subversion or any version control system
- Understanding of Network, DNS, AD, Load balancers and other network components- Active Batch (or any Work Load Automation tools)- Familiarity with Tibco products
We are looking for applicants who have a flair for technology and are willing to take up challenging assignments.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service. Applicants are required to be eligible to work lawfully in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
Application Development / Application Maintenance
United States-Connecticut-Wilton - CT USA, CLT
Full Time Employee
Jan 7, 2020, 6:23:49 PM
IT Infrastructure Services
IT Services - United States
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.