Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by ANSYS
ANSYS is seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer to be part of a rapidly growing team that's responsible for design, build and delivery of the application stacks for product teams in a cloud-based environment. You will be working closely with software and QA engineers, to build and maintain the right cloud infrastructure, balancing performance and resilience with cost. As part of a growing team focused on emergent technologies, you will create CI/CD pipelines and working across functions such as development, testing, and production to ensure quality, security, and reliability.
- Creating pipelines, managing pool of agents, tracking artifacts using cloud-native tools, or best-of-breed tools such as Azure DevOps.
- Automate deployment and lifecycle management using Infrastructure as Code orchestrators such as Azure ARM Templates or equivalent
- Automate application configuration using CM tools such as Ansible Playbooks or Kubernetes Templates.
- Effectively communicating with cloud tenants and occasionally external customers.
- Configure the infrastructure to generate relevant metrics for uptime monitoring.
- Define, implement and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and feedback to the development team for improvement.
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering discipline
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in an Infrastructure/DevOps/Build Engineering role
- Experience managing operational monitoring, metrics and logging systems
- Proficient in multiple scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Bash).
- Source/version control (Git)
- Self-driven desire to continuously learn new technologies and skills, and solve tough problems
- Familiar with Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes or Azure Web Apps
- Experience with Container technologies such as Docker
- Experience operating, automating and scaling cloud based HPC infrastructure platforms
- Experience working with, or are familiar with the differences between, public, private, and mixed cloud environments.
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.