Infrastructure Technical Lead
Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by Datanet.Co.UK Ltd.
Infrastructure Technical Lead with VMware, Server, Storage and Networking skills, tomorrow's Chief Technical Officer?
Datanet, one of the UK's longest established ISP's, is looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer with virtualisation (VMware, Hyper-V), Server, SAN & Storage, Networking and Security skills, preferably from a hosting or ISP environment, to offer 3rd line support for our network and data centre services. Datanet is a well established ISP and has an opportunity for the right candidate to take the lead in helping Datanet pursue and implement our Cloud Infrastructure strategy for growth. Are you the right person? Can you help us on this exciting cloud infrastructure journey? Is this the challenge you want? Are you up for it and can you deliver?
We are looking for an energetic, personable and enthusiastic senior member of the TechTeam to ensure the delivery and quality of our cloud infrastructure systems. You will combine excellent customer service and communication skills with a broad knowledge of ISP and Hosting technologies together with sound commercial judgement. A background in an ISP or Hosting provider environment is preferable and any formal qualification (eg VCP, JNCx, CCNx etc.) would be a real bonus.
The Infrastructure Technical Lead will work closely with the rest of the Datanet team to ensure our systems and technical infrastructure is robust, secure and well maintained in order to deliver an outstanding service to our customers. You will take a lead in developing, implementing and maintaining our cloud infrastructure services, and provide guidance and support to other team members. This could be a senior management role, in time, for the right person.
You should be experienced in some of the below areas, and have a keen and self-starting attitude to continue learning about new technologies.
- Experience with VMware vSphere and preferably a current VCP (Hyper-V also good)
- SAN and Storage experience (Dell EqualLogic and similar) will be advantageous
- Good understanding of IP Networks including configuration experience of Routers and Firewalls is essential (primarily Cisco and Juniper equipment)
- Good knowledge of Linux (eg Debian) Apache web Servers, MySQL (utilising NDB), NFS, DNS (BIND), RADIUS would be an advantage
- Desire to work with Nutanix HCI and Dell VxRail
Personal and Communication Skills:
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Interest in keeping abreast of current and future technologies
- Enjoy problem solving within a live environment and under pressure
- Commercially aware with some people and technical management skills would be an advantage
- Service oriented approach, providing prompt and efficient customer service
You will ideally be located within half an hour of our Fleet (GU51 2UT, M3/J4a) head office and data centre. You will be primarily based at our head office and will occasionally visit customer sites or our Docklands data centres and the role will involve some out of hours work and on-call support.
Are you the right person?
Salary commensurate with this senior team leader role + pension, great workplace, great facilities, training and other benefits, salary range depends on skills and experience. Are you the right person? Datanet has a goal to be the cloud infrastructure service provider of choice in the UK over the next five years, can you help us on this exciting journey? Do you have or can you develop the technical and management skills along with the drive to really make the difference and help grow the business? This role is a senior technical (and in time managerial) position at Datanet reporting directly to the Managing Director, in the first instance please email the MD at (see below) explaining why you are the exceptional candidate for this role.