Data Platform Engineer - Algo-Trading House (London) - package to £120
Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by Eximius Group Limited
About the role
As a Data Platform Engineer you will form part of the Data Engineering team. This role will work predominantly on complex internal platform and data projects, engaging from Proof of Concept stages through to implementation of complex solutions on our environments. You will work collaboratively with the internal Dev team to monitor and visualize platform performance, develop reference architectures, build data ingestion pipelines and develop applications for data processing.
The role includes but is not limited to:
Designing, developing, and maintaining complex software solutions on GCP
Ability to build large-scale high-performance systems.
Optimising performance of complex distributed production deployments
Writing and producing high quality project deliverables, technical documentation, knowledge base articles.
Working closely with Dev and Trading teams at all levels to ensure rapid response on given requirements.
- Strong experience in data engineering and Dev/Ops
- Architecting large scale storage, data center and/or globally distributed solutions
- Experience designing and deploying 3 tier architectures or large-scale Hadoop solutions
- Ability to understand and translate internal customer requirements into technical requirements
- Ability to compile and install Linux applications from source, the Linux Kernel and Kernel module
- Strong understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimizations
- Skills include Data Engineering, Hadoop and Network Config
- Languages include Python, C++
- Tools include Jenkins, Git