Planning Analyst - Tableau/PowerBI/Python needed
Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by Schuback Search Associates
This well-established company located in New Orleans is seeking to hire an experienced analyst with BI/data analysis experience.
The Planning Analyst will have the following duties:
1. Responsible for completing the design day forecasts, normal volume requirements by month and daily forecast requirements by load study throughout the enterprise.
2. Responsible for comparing actual volumes to forecasted volumes to determine variance and further analyze variance by each component (ie resulting from weather difference number of customers etc.) annually for peak/design day and monthly forecasts.
3. Responsible for modifying forecasts as necessary and communicating those revisions to appropriate personnel to be utilized in revising supply purchase and storage plans.
4. Provides each business division regulatory support including processing data requests preparing testimony and testifying before state commissions.
5. Evaluates transportation and storage capacity to ensure ability to meet peak days.
6. Evaluates and optimizes transportation portfolio considering alternative transportation options upstream pipeline capacity and market changes that could affect the portfolio.
7. Responsible for working with engineers and operations to evaluate local production opportunities.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
-Bachelor's degree in mathematics or related field and five years of related experience or equivalent.
-Experience with some or all of the following: R, Azure machine learning, Python and/or Tableau, PowerBI, or other visualization software.
-Any experience forecasting commodities or other supplies a plus.
Candidates must be available to work onsite, Full time in this direct hire position. This is not a C2C or contract role.