HMI SCADA Engineer
Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by ITech Consult
HMI SCADA Engineer
Our client is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, but also supplies innovative user-oriented products and services in many other fields. The family-owned enterprise employs 46,000 people in over 135 companies worldwide.
They are looking for a HMI SCADA Engineer
The successful candidate will work closely with the software manager within the electrical design department, with responsibilities in the following areas: Crane Management System integration and development, manage work schedules and monitor work load, provide progress reports to the Software Manager.
* Liaise with electrical and software design engineers and other disciplines to prepare system requirements and develop/document Crane Management System requirements.
* Evaluate market and bench mark potential solutions based on existing Scada systems.
* Evaluate and development of HMI systems including operator display and touch screens.
* Work as part of a team to integrate new systems into new and existing cranes.
* Liaise with PLC software developers to prepare software integration requirements, where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
* Liaise with field commissioning engineers to provide support for roll out and updates of software on new or existing systems.
* Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a Good Engineering Practice platform for effective delivery of projects.
* Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Software Development/Automation/Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering.
* SCADA systems application/development
* HMI development (machine operator interaction)
* Object Orientated Programming
* Software development using .NET Framework Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
* Development of graphics
* Previous experience with Scripting languages.
* Experience with ABB PLC's.
* Experience and good understanding of IP industrial networking and system communications.
* Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
* Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
* Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
* Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment at container terminals and assist with crane commissioning.
* Willingness to travel internationally on occasion.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918849FK
Role: HMI SCADA Engineer
Industry: Mechanical/Industrial Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent