Quality Control Technician - Receiving Inspector
Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by Loc Performance
Location: Plymouth, MI
Job Id: 205
# of Openings: 1
Quality Control - Receiving Inspector
Salary Range: Negotiable
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Incentives
Employment Type: Full TimeDepartment: Quality Description: Loc Performance Products; Michigan's premiere full service manufacturer of large CNC machined components and assemblies for military and commercial applications.
Loc Performance is looking for a Receiving Inspector to join our Quality department!
The Quality Control Receiving Inspector tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties. If you are interested in a work environment that provides support, encouragement and development then we want you!
Come join our Loc family!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Develops First Article Inspection Reports and PPAP Dimensional Results Reports.
- Ensures compliance to the process for the Control of Records.
- Ensures compliance to the Document Control Process.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis. Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual will need to perform the following competencies. Quantity of WorkThe quantity of work produced and the promptness with which it is completed. Quality of WorkThe ability displayed and accuracy of work produced, meeting company standards, and requiring little to no rework. Judgement/Knowledge of JobKnowledge of job, techniques, skills, equipment, procedures, materials, etc. Attendance/DependabilityPunctuality and attendance. Teamwork/ AttitudeWillingness and cooperativeness with co-workers and supervisors; ability to accept constructive criticism. Initiative/IndependenceThe degree to which an employee searches out new tasks and expands their ability to perform assigned tasks without direct supervision. Adherence to PolicyFollow quality environmental policies and have knowledge of AS9100 and IS14001. Adherence to SafetyFollow safety procedures, security protocol, and wear proper PPE. Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED) equivalent, and three to five years related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.