Power BI Developer
Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by Neudesic
What sets us apart from the rest, is an amazing collection of people who live and lead with our core values. We believe that everyone should be PASSIONATEabout what they do, DISCIPLINED to the core, INNOVATIVEby nature, committed to a TEAM and conduct themselves with INTEGRITY.If these attributes mean something to you - we'd like to hear from you.
* Design, build and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements.
* Design, implement and maintain various dashboards.
* Need ability to review data and develop the best visualization for that data.
* Test all technical solutions per functional specifications.
* Provide feedback to business and management relative to requirements.
* Participate in design/discovery sessions and workshops with end users.
* Provide overall status for object readiness.
* Document functionality, prepare training material and conduct user training.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 4 years of experience in Power BI, Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) development and administration and good to have knowledge in other reporting tools like OBIEE, Tableau, Spotfire, Qlik view.
* Good understanding in Power query, Power pivot, Power view, DAX and data gateway. Able to implement row level security on data and understand application security layer models in Power BI. Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation. Development experience in Power BI visualization using R and Python is a plus.
* Good understanding in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) - multi-dimensional and/or tabular.
* Minimum 4 years of experience in developing MS SQL Server 2012 or higher solutions, Azure SQL, or other relational databases. Good experience in data warehouse architecture and modeling.
* Hands-on experience with T-SQL(Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Tables, ETC.) and ETL tool SSIS.
* Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries required.
* Hands-on experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban).
* Good communication skills are a plus.
* Good problem-solving skills and motivated to learn new technologies and skills
* Ability to adapt to changing environments and strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to partner, influence, consult and collaborate with all levels in the organization.
* Should be able to communicate with business users in gathering requirements and develop prototypes
* Good to have experience in Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Utility domain
* Background in Oracle and cloud environments like Azure or AWS is a plus
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related analytical or technical disciplines. Strong visualization skills.