Senior Lead Network Engineer
Posted on Jan 22, 2020 by The McGraw-Hill Companies
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop network designs, studies and plans; supports design, test readiness, and operational readiness reviews.
- Building, managing and automating highly available networks in AWS and on-premises.
- Develops, implements, and manages network engineering processes including configuration management and design standards to ensure compliance, relevancy, and sustainability.
- Performs capacity planning of the network by monitoring and analyzing network, performance and availability.
- Proactively researches and evaluates tools and technologies, as appropriate, to the network environment, while developing solutions to increase performance and lower the total cost of ownership.
- Performs network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Solves complex problems with many variables.
- Key to the incumbent's success is deep expertise in all aspects and capabilities derived from firewall, switching and routing technologies and best practices.
- Serve as a senior escalation resource and a subject matter expert on existing infrastructure. Available after-hours and on weekends to support any senior escalation requirements.]
Experience, Skills And Knowledge Required
Minimum 7 or more years of experience in a AWS, F5, Cisco and Checkpoint inter-networking environment, supporting the following.
- CCIE Routing and Switching, Security with communications focus and a minimum of 5 years relevant networking experience.
- Experience in the architecture/design, development, and implementation of large scale Wide Area Network (WAN) architectures.
- Experience with routing and switching concepts and technologies (AWS Direct Connect, Nexus 7K, 5K, Cisco CAT switches)
- Experience working in multisite locations and VPN/MPLS technology
- Web Application Firewalls such as AWS WAF and F5 ASM
- Hybrid Cloud Architectures; IaaS, Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure
- Load Balancing such as ELBs, ALBs, HAProxy, F5 BIGIP (AWS Global Load Balancing a plus)
- Encryption (MACsec, IPsec, SSL/TLS, DMVPN, WEP/WPA, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in dynamic and static routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, VRFs, PBB, MPLS, etc.
- Proven experience with PERL or Python to support iRules and proxy scripts.
- Strong knowledge of CDN design and implementation with Akamai, Cloudflare, etc. is a plus.
- Fluent in English written/verbal communication
To all recruitment agencies: S & P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S & P Global employee, office location or website. S & P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S & P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster discrimination protections under federal law.