Junior Operate Landscape Manager
Posted on Jan 21, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
The Operate Landscape Manager (OLM) is end-to-end responsible for the support and delivery of the portfolio in the IT Service Operations organization providing efficient and effective services. Manage multiple suppliers supporting Shell applications to ensure issues and problems are resolved end to end. Provide technical advice for changes to application architecture design. Guide and advise others being the subject matter expert in technical/operational aspects.
- Understand Shell's landscape and architecture to manage end-to-end operational support across multiple vendors;
- Ensure adherence to Shell framework for SOx, information security and regulatory compliance, and that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly;
- Quickly develop an understanding of business needs to work with vendors to create and implement support processes that proactively resolve or identify issues before they become larger problems;
- Work with suppliers to advise on impact of technical exceptions, including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc. Ensure that there is proper technical assessment of all such exceptions;
- Work with suppliers and internal stakeholders to mature support processes during and after project implementation;
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Be end-to-end accountable for the Operate Landscape life cycle, working with the Business Interface and Delivery Verticals to enable innovation.
The OLM must be comfortable engaging with IM/IT managers, business analysts, and vendors to identify solutions to existing problems. The OLM has to be able to translate complex technical issues into simple business terminology on which basis the Business Interface organization can make informed decisions.
This position will primarily interact in the HR IT space. There will be a significant focus on new ideas and solutions that will eventually make their way into operational support.
Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge of service support, operation & design processes (ITIL);
- Working understanding and experience with Agile and DevOps mindsets and methodologies;
- Knowledge and experience in ensuring supportability and transition of new solutions and tooling into support;
- Knowledge of application landscapes including underlying infrastructure & application security concepts;
- Extensive business analyst experience in a wide variety of IT, technical and Business IT facing roles and domains;
- Ability to champion continuous improvement changes and addresses any issues that might prevent those changes from being successful;
- Excellence in communication with different groups of stakeholders and for different purposes;
- Manage multi-suppliers in accordance with the service tiers through virtual teams.
- Ability to work with teams across organizational boundaries, different cultures and different time zones in a global, virtual environment;
- Coaching, influencing, negotiation, coordination, consulting and analysis skills.
- Basis of Project Management knowledge in Project Delivery Framework;
- Basis of Financial Management knowledge managing the portfolio budget.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.