Posted on Jan 21, 2020 by Risk Systems Consulting
Our client is looking for an Underwriting manager for their office in London.
As an underwriter with a focus on this international market scope:
- Prepares responses to insurance Protection & Medical biddings, coordinate responses to technical questions related to global request for proposal for new or existing multinational customers, proposes a profitable technical solution that is tailored to the client needs and competitive next to the proposal of other competitors.
- Review and approve customer illustrations related to second-stage accounting for reinsured business; consider the addition, deletion or modification of participating policies in the global programs.
- Provides support for implementing management and production when the business is conclusive: copywriting of contractual records, assistance in the systems' technical settings, copywriting of customers records.
- Lead work with Members local offices around the world for inclusion of policies into global employee benefits programs by analysing financial and plan design information to decide whether to accept, as reinsurer, certain risk.
- Reviewing and ensuring the underwriting template, captive template or any file required is accurately completed and submitted timely.
- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons for deriving the underwriting result, to be shared with the sales/account management team/brokers/clients.
- Help perform in depth analysis on existing policy/new prospects to support periodic quarterly claims reports, renewal reports and new business.
- Manage a portfolio of complex high intensity and sophisticated pooling and captive employee benefits programs.
- Assist with the analysing trends and the performance of each global program, identify the deficient accounts and help provide action plans and corrective measures for each global program.
- Analyse and set spooling parameters for each global program based upon reinsurance support (eg free cover limit, reinsurance protection level, pooling method).
- Understands the expense and profitability drivers of each product category.
- Understands the insurance regulatory system; finds, interprets and applies local legal regulations and Client compliance policy in underwriting and management of policies.
- Understands and interprets accurately the available information to assess the local Risk
- Exercising sound judgment and approving cases within the company and local market guidelines, up to his/her level of authority. Above the approving limit, to work with Corporate Office technical team for approval.
- Degree level education (or equivalent) in Engineering, Actuarial studies, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
- 5+ years (or equivalent) of experience in Employee Benefits; Life, Accident, Disability and Medical underwriting.
- Knowledge of French market.
- Strong knowledge of International Employee Benefits; Life, Accident, Disability and Medical.
- Good verbal, written and quantitative analysis communication skills.
- Ability to focus on customers, manage performance effectively, and inspire a shared vision whilst building relationships.
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of accountability and prompt reply.
- Organizational skills - ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent computer skills, especially on Excel, VBA and Access.
- Fluent in English and French.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £48k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual