AWS Engineer | Brussels | 6 Months
Posted on Jan 21, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
AWS Engineer | Brussels | 6 + Months | C2 + Dutch
Our client is a major Energy Company who are looking for an AWS Data Engineer for the Terra development process and the Energy Performance Platform.
Technical Know how
* The Terra platform is set up on Amazon Web Services and uses various PAAS and IAAS solutions:
* Data pipeline and EMR for loading and processing data.
* S3 for saving files.
* Amazon Redshift as data warehouse.
* Tableau as a reporting environment.
* AWS Elastic Beanstalk is used for the input module. This platform was built on .NET Web Api and Angular 6. The system was built around the CQRS and event-sourcing patterns. The underlying database is SQL Server.
The main objective of Terra is to develop a database that ensures a bundling of:
- Basic data of all buildings, infrastructure and plots that are used by the public sector in Flanders.
- Energy-related data from different sources
The energy performance platform takes care of the management of energy action plans and subsidies. The ultimate goal is to reduce the energy bill and CO2 emissions of the Flemish Government.
As an AWS data engineer you are responsible for the processing of data from various data sources (flat files supplied by DNBs, TERRA SQL server database, real estate database, degree days, data from KMI, etc.) to a high-performance data sheet/DWH environment that can be used for all kinds of reporting on energy within the Flemish Government.
VEB uses S3, Cloud formation, Data pipeline, SPARK and python scripts, Amazon Redshift for ETL processing.
We use GIT to manage the code.
You are familiar with AWS and more specifically with the services mentioned above.
You do not shy away from delving into large amounts of data and calculation models.
You work in team with data analysts and functional analysts.