Posted on Jan 21, 2020 by Triad Resourcing
Triad is currently seeking a GIS Analyst to work within a large GIS team: one of the key teams in the organisation.
The role is Dublin based and will be working on exciting projects across both the private and public sector. Based on experience the salary range will be €35k-€45k. Flexible working is also considered at Manager's discretion.
The main purpose of the role will be to assist with the identification, specification, development and implementation of GIS solutions to meet our clients' business requirements.
University degree or equivalent in GIS or Remote Sensing.
Knowledge and skills:
- Experience in desktop GIS and the associated spatial analysis tools.
- Knowledge in applying statistical and GIS methods to the analysis of data.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Very good English language knowledge is mandatory.
At least 3 years' industry experience in GIS is an essential requirement including:
- Experience in spatial analysis using the ESRI ArcGIS enterprise suite of products.
- Experience in undertaking User Requirements Analysis for Enterprise GIS.
- Exposure to other desktop GIS software (eg FME, QGIS, Mapinfo).
- Experience in the deployment and use of Web-based GIS technologies.
- Knowledge of databases and GIS systems integration (ArcGIS Server/ArcSDE, Portal), SQL Server
- Experience in the use and/or provision of GIS applications or services to central and local government/private sectors.
- Experience in the application of statistical methods and/or GIS to data to model real world problems.
Experience in any of the following would be an advantage:
- Working with python and/or FME.
- Creation of SQL scripts, SQL Views and/or creating and scheduling jobs in SQL Server Agent for use in spatial analysis
- Familiar with European legislation relating to GIS (eg INSPIRE Directive, Water Framework Directive, Noise etc).
- Working with environmental data sets.
- Remote sensing.
If this role is of interest to you or you would like more information, please contact Jon Graham or submit your application now.
Triad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.
Triad Group Plc acts as an Employment Agency for this permanent position.