Technical Support Engineer (multiple shifts/remote)
Posted on Jan 21, 2020 by Visionaire Partners
Technical Support Engineer
Exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer/Technical Support Analyst to join a progressive technology company.
You will be responsible for supporting external customers on SaaS/web based enterprise software products. The focus is Back End technical support. You will work on 2 to 8 support issues a day, and the majority of the support is done over email. You will trace and debug web applications, check and review various logs (Windows, Linux, and Tomcat), use virtual machines to recreate technical issues, troubleshoot issues on both Linux and Windows operating systems, do analysis and tuning of operating systems & web performance, troubleshoot database issues, and troubleshoot the network protocol layers. Our Level I team usually solves 50% of the issues.
You can pick between 2 different shifts.
1). 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday (work in the office)
2). 6:00 PM to 3:00 AM Sunday through Thursday. During training the first 4 to 6 weeks you will be working in the office during normal business hours (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM). Once training is completed, you will work 100% remote from your home.
We are looking for associates who have a passion for technology and like the challenge of solving very complex technology issues. Excellent people skills, high energy, and a consultative personality are key.
This is a direct hire position in the Vinings/Marietta area. Great opportunity to make an impact in a rapidly growing technology company. There are career growth opportunities into consulting, implementation, and pre-sales.
- 1+ years experience supporting enterprise web applications (prefer SaaS) for external customers of a software firm (may consider a recent computer science graduate) as a Support Engineer, Technical Support Analyst, Help Desk Analyst, or Technical Consultant
- Linux experience
- Experience checking and reviewing various logs (Linux, Windows, Application Servers, etc.)
- Some prior basic coding/programming experience
- Experience troubleshooting applications
- Experience troubleshooting an Application Server
- Some experience with at least with one database
- Ability to do network traces
- Good troubleshooter!
- Ability to trace and debug Web applications (prefer Java applications)
- Ability to do analysis and tune operating system and web technology performance
- Understanding of network protocol layers, security layers, and domain models
- Experience setting up and configuring your own test environments
- Software performance tuning
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Consultative personality
- High energy personality and a passion for learning
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Linux and Windows environments
- Tomcat Servers
- Experience with docker deployments;
- Apache Solr
- Red Hat
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
- Java Server Faces
- ECM software (Documentum, Business Objects, Alfresco, Nuxeo, Vignette, and FileNet