Construction Project Control Manager
Posted on Jan 21, 2020 by TheLasiterGroup
Our client is a well-established construction consulting firm who is looking for a Construction Project Control Manager to join their project team in Los Angeles.
If you currently do not reside in that area, you must be willing to relocate.
- Participate in senior client meetings, including presentations
- Maintain engagement with client, key stakeholders, and project team on all project controls activities
- Key team member responsible for implementation reports, planning and scheduling enhancements
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of subcontract arrangements and vendor selection
- Process development for project controls processes including document and change management
- Create procedures and flowcharts for contract deliverables, RFI's, submittals, correspondence, change orders and diversity tracking
- Audit subcontractor invoices, forecast accruals and review monthly invoice to client
- Monitor subcontractor compliance
- Review weekly reports and track diversity participation to ensure diversity project goals are being met
- Manage change orders and purchase orders
- Handle the collaboration, submission and comment review meetings for contract deliverables including design, construction and administration
- Work with design team and prime subcontractor to submit timely manner while complying with contract specifications
- Engage in coordinating all project data with site manager, project team and subcontractors to ensure the accuracy of cost and schedules as it relates to internal objectives as well as contractual requirements
- Manage schedule of team, track milestones and work to resolve field related issues to prevent project delays
- Meet with client to update project activities and report any projected delays
- Document project issues and work with senior management to expedite resolutions
- Coordinates project issues and work with senior management to expedite resolutions
- Responsible for monthly progress report to client as well as managing project
- management plan
- Review open RFIs and contractor submittals with design manager to ensure timely
- Manage document control team
- Promotes team concepts by communicating with team on daily basis
- BS or MS in Construction Management, Engineering or Business.
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in Project Controls roles may be deemed an acceptable alternative to a formal education
- This position requires a minimum of 7 years' experience in project controls or a related field
- Experience should include a minimum of two years on a project construction site
- Must be willing to relocate to Los Angeles area if you do not live in the area
- Capable of supervising and communicating with the project controls team to ensure complete understanding and fulfillment of project/program objectives
- Capable of effectively communicating with all levels of project and operations management and the client. Must identify potential problems and elevate these to the appropriate level(s) of management
- Proficient in estimating methods for capital costs
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
About the Company
We are a service provider seeking to provide answers to questions being asked by today's businesses.
We provide analysis and recommendations.
When we can't provide the experience, we assist them in locating the appropriate resources and personnel.