Interaction Designer Gov
Posted on Jan 21, 2020 by Mercator IT Solutions
Our Interaction Designers work as part of multidisciplinary agile scrum teams to deliver high-quality digital services that meet the Government's Digital by Default Service Standard. As a Interaction Designer you will work with user researchers and Front End developers, designing in the browser, to deliver highly user-focussed and successful services. You will produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with Front End developers to implement those concepts.
We are undergoing a major digital transformation programme to make tax easier - enabling customers to do more online and in Real Time, wherever they are. To do this, we need a team of outstanding people to create and run these new digital services and who understand the web, technology and people.
As an Interaction Designer you will:
- Work within agile delivery teams to produce and implement high-quality design concepts for digital services
- Work with user researchers to ensure all output, internal and external, is well designed and user focused
- Design and deliver consistent, user focused communication material
- Partner with colleagues to ensure a consistent user experience across services, including designing reusable elements of a digital service
- Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example user researchers and business analysts
- Deliver high quality digital service designs that meet web standards and GDS/GOV.UK design principles, ensuring that ensure that compliance with accessibility standards is built into designs from the outset.
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines internally and externally.
- Participate in the wider Interaction Design community, building relationships with other designers, identifying learning opportunities and best practices we can adopt.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of designing interfaces and transaction flows for the web
- Ability to prototype for the web & design in browser
- A good basic understanding of web technologies and how they affect design, including accessibility
- Experience of web and mobile application interface design
- Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS and rapid prototyping
- Experience of responsive web interactions design for mobile devices
- Experience of researching design with users
- Service design experience, including user journey mapping
- Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team
- Must have experience with the GDS Prototype tool