Posted on Jan 21, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Contract-to-hire position available ASAP!
Engineer's main responsibility is to provide day-to-day support of the Company's wide area and local area networks. They support and maintain network hardware and WAN to ensure proper connectivity, and generate monthly reports detailing uptime and bandwidth utilization. The Sr. Data Communications Engineer is responsible to install new location networks. They manage and administrate the Company's DNS and Cisco devices to ensure proper connectivity. The incumbent monitors network stability and performance and implements a solution if a connectivity problem is found. They participate in DR testing and maintain detailed documentation of the primary and redundant network infrastructure. A Sr. Data Communications Engineer will manage or co-manage and coordinate the implementation of multiple projects that have department or division-wide implications and impact. Such efforts will require cross-function involvement with IT groups. They are responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership. The position requires the ability to participate in after hours tasks such as on-call responsibilities and organizational outage windows.
- Communicate with client groups on a regular basis to determine needs
- Work closely with customer's leadership and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
- Manage the projects and/or solutions to client group expectations.
- Associates degree required, advanced degrees preferred
- CCNA certification preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of functional experience in a large enterprise network
- 2-3 years of project management (including mid-to-large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
- Experience and full fluency in the following hardware/software (depending on role):
- Cisco Platform (Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, Routers, Catalyst 2900, 9000 Switches, wireless access points)
- Cisco and Aruba AP/Airwave Mangement
- Infoblox DNS, DHCP grid platform
- Solarwinds Network Management/Monitoring Toolset
- MPLS Technologies
- Site-to-Site VPN implementations
- BGP & EIGRP experience
- IP Addressing schemes.
- Bandwidth/Circuit monitoring tools (ie Netflow Tracker)
- Packet Analysis - (Wire Shark) experience
- Microsoft office applications (including Visio)
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $120k Annual