Posted on Jan 20, 2020 by Management & Training Corporation
Reports to the facility administrator. Directly supervises the treatment administrative assistant and sex offender treatment providers. Responsible for the planning, treatment, and monitoring of the Sex Offender Treatment Program (SOTP) with emphasis placed on awareness, prevention, staff training and networking with community resources in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC), Council on Sex Offender Treatment (CSOT), and the Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) directives.
1. Provides advanced administrative and supervisory work for the SOTP, which provides a full complement of individual and group treatment services to the clients residing at the facility.
2. Maintain core beliefs that people can change and have an inherent drive towards positive growth.
3. Manage initial and ongoing assessments using the approved assessment tools to include STABLE, ACUTE, penile plethysmograph (PPG), polygraphs, psychological tests, clinical interviews and other techniques designed to define treatment goals and strategies for clients.
4. Oversee use of the Good Lives Model (GLM) and Risk-Needs-Responsivity Model (RNR) as underlying theoretical basis for case management. Case plans will include goals and objectives, assessments, treatment progress and accomplishments.
5. Identify and outline areas which warrant attention and outline measurable and understandable goals in order to help clients learn to reduce and manage risk.
6. Identify patterns, verify critical events, review progress and use treatment progress information to guide treatment planning.
7. Understand current research on sex offender treatment and how it is applied.
8. Understand and use techniques to increase motivation for change (e.g. Motivational Interviewing).
9. Provide direct casework services and individual, group, and family counseling to clients and their families as needed.
10. Recruit, orient, schedule, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of treatment staff. Approve clinical schedule.
11. Make recommendations and decisions on matters such as employment, retention, promotion and other personnel actions.
12. Assist the facility administrator in the preparation of the departmental budget; monitor and control expenditures.
13. Assist in the development and implementation of new and revised policies and procedures affecting treatment and programming. Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall facility objectives.
14. Provide expert testimony and presentations or training regarding the civil commitment sex offender
treatment program as requested.
15. Maintain and monitor confidentiality of clients and their files; audit files to determine that all services provided are documented; observe applicable HIPAA laws.
16. Coordinate with mental health contract regarding continuity.of care.
17. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
18. Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master's degree in counseling, social work, psychology, or related field from an accredited college or university required. Must be a Licensed Sex Offender Treatment Provider, (LSOTP} or Licensed Sex Offender Treatment Provider Supervisor, (LSOTP-S) as prescribed by the Council on Sex Offender Treatment, pursuant to the requirements set forth in Texas Administrative Code, Title 22, Chapter 810. Experience in providing sex offender treatment required. Clinical treatment experience with focus on group facilitation required. One (1) supervisory experience preferred. If an out-of-state candidate is selected, the candidate shall be eligible for a Texas mental health and LSOTP license. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Qualifications and Training Requirements:
Upon hire applicant must successfully complete required pre-service and annual training requirements. Must maintain TCCO security clearance.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.