PHP Senior Developer - Greenfield Project - Microservices Achitecture
Posted on Jan 19, 2020 by Gapide Limited
Great time to join an ambitious new project team in heart of London
This is a great time and opportunity to join a new team to help launch a new SaaS based product utilising the latest technologies ( PHP, OOP, MVC, HTML, CSS, Laravel, Vue, MySQL, NoSQL) within a micro-services architecture in a collaborative and friendly environment.
We are a fast growing SaaS business that brings together innovation, mobile and web technologies to offer solutions to the health and beauty industry. Shortlisted for a number of innovations awards, our client portfolio reads like a who's who' of the beauty industry.
You will be working in a great central London location in the heart of Soho - enjoy being there from the very beginning of the design and implementation of a new SaaS product.
We are looking for an experienced PHP developer (ideally full stack but will consider both specialists Back End and Front End) with as many of the skill set listed below as possible
Preferably you have many of the skills list below:
- Good knowledge of OOP/OOD principles, good knowledge of commonly used patterns.
- Deep understanding of web structure - HTTP, DNS, IP and overall Client Server network communications.
- 2+ years of development experience with PHP 7+ and Laravel/Symphony/Other modern frameworks.
- Can use ORM's to access data but also know how to drop down to SQL statements if needed.
- Experience with a modern Front End frameworks such as Vue or React.
- Strong understanding of optimization and scaling.
- Working with APIs via REST and JSON/XML.
- Comfortable with git and the gitflow model.
- Test Driven Development methodologies.
- Always willing to improve current code base by applying best practice or moving to new technologies.
Following skills are a bonus:
- Familiarity with native mobile development (Android and iOS) including cross-platform tools like Cordova.
- Comfort working in a Linux environment (ability to setup and manage web and app Servers (Apache, nginx).
- An understanding of the techniques used for building high performance, scalable, maintainable software.
As a small team, we are able to make all our own decisions allowing the creativity and experience of the team to help push the business forward.