Posted on Jan 18, 2020 by Adler & Allan
Location: UK wide
Salary £25-30k depending on qualifications and experience
Working hours are 50 hours per week Monday to Friday, with some overtime available
About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting out customers at the heart of what we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join the Company's Fuel Infrastructure team based Waltham Cross (operating UK wide) in the role of Multi-Skilled Technician. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the postholder will be required to operate as part of a team in satisfying the delivery of service to all customers and on specific projects for which the skills and experience of the postholder are suited. The Multi Skilled Technician will be required to work in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and demonstrate responsibility, dedication, providing a high level of service/knowledge when working with customers, clients and colleagues.
This is a full-time post however there will need to be a flexible approach to working hours and commitment to satisfy overtime and call out requirements often with little or notice and on occasion stay away from home overnight in the pursuance of Company business.
Multi-Skilled Technician Responsibilities:
* Plan and install all elements of fuel tanks; this will include tank cleaning.
* Act as part of a team in the decommissioning of fuel tanks and installations.
* Undertake all types of pipe work installation and the postholder will be expected to provide professional assessment and plans to manage such works; this will include steel pipe, plastic pipe (KPS, DURA,UPP)
* Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) tasks and provide specialist input to support the planning of PPM contracts.
* Accurate completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to the FIS office.
* Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
* Operating Company vehicles for which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate, ensuring that all vehicle checks are undertaken prior to commencing any works.
* Checking that all equipment is fit for purpose and used in the correct manner.
* This list is not e