Production Support Engineer Lead
Posted on Jan 18, 2020 by Request Technology
*Permanent full time role*
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Production Support Engineer Lead. This will be a service engineer who provides on call support for triaging incidents and looks for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and speed. This role will be creating tickets in JIRA/Kanban and will restore any issues impacting technical services such as application/infrastructure to customers in a timely manner. They need experience with React JS, GitHub, and Jenkins.
- Should be able to participate on outage calls, lead and coordinate with multiple teams to resolve outages in a timely fashion.
- Provide on call support for triaging incidents, coordinating with various support teams across the organization and carryout activities related to incident management
- Communicate overall status and health of the application to business and application support teams
- Look for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and speed
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Conducts root cause analysis.
- Real Time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to customers and partners in a timely manner.
- Assess initial severity, gather impacts, creates tickets in JIRA/KANBAN, engages necessary support teams, and escalates as necessary.
- Test and validate system performance.
- Create, review and update configuration management plans related to code promotion based on information systems and business requirements.
- Lead efforts to analyze and resolve complex incidents and problems and balance the workload against incident priorities. Ensure all related incidents and problems are appropriately resolved.
- Provide input and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
- Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods.
- Develop plans to meet required service levels; design data collection and reporting mechanisms for application/infrastructure health reporting.
- 8+ years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, SDLC- Waterfall/Agile) supporting and building Front End web applications.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and programming principles and patterns
- 2+ years of experience with React JS in developing web applications.
- 4+ of experience in troubleshooting problems using Splunk and Dynatrace expertise is necessary for this position.
- Hands on experience working with Service now and Jira.
- Experience with GitHub and Jenkins is desired