Posted on Jan 18, 2020 by Brookwood
This role is a 6-month rolling contract with long term opportunities. The rate is c€550 per day and expenses will be covered for applicants based throughout wider Europe.
- Build and maintain all network architecture and design documents
- Lead network architecture and design guidance
- Technical Subject Matter Expert relating to network technologies -relating to data centre infrastructure, core and cloud network.
- Capture planned approach for technical delivery in relevant design documentation and review with peers
- Provide clear documentation/designs mapping requirements
- Define and maintain architectural, security and technical standards
- Acting as the lead advocate, expert adviser, and communicator for the portfolio delivery service.
- Participate in Architecture design reviews
- Handle difficult stakeholders, hold difficult conversations and make difficult decisions and be able to clearly and rationally justify and stand by their own decisions.
- Ensuring appropriate technical standards and guidelines are defined when defining a Core Network Infrastructure architecture.
- Ensuring best practices are adhered to in the adoption of new Core Network Infrastructure technologies
- Recent Industry qualifications or certifications (MCSE, CCNA, TOGAF, Prince2).
- 5 years experience in infrastructure architecture and solution design
- 5 years in network infrastructure design.
- Experience with security concepts, Firewalls, compliancy and ISO 27000/27001.
- Designing, securing, implementing and supporting networks in Core and Data Centre environment.
- Background in network concepts
- Modern data center technologies, produce integrated Solution Designs:
- Server hardware (x86 required, SPARC desirable)
- Server virtualization (VMware, LDOMs, zones, containers)
- Storage knowledge (NAS, SAN, RAID concepts, file storage, block storage)
- Databases (eg Oracle, SQL Server) in a High Availability configuration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analyzing, assessing and resolving complex technology requirements, problems and issues
- Strong mentorship, influencing and persuading skills