Posted on Jan 18, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for Trademark Paralegal for 3-month contract.
Job title: Trademark Paralegal
Duration: 15/01/2020 to 30/04/2020
Work location: Basel
Responsible for supporting the in-house trademark attorney(s) to mainly review, coordinate and manage documents and products relating to parallel trade. The role involves liaising with internal and external stakeholders, and companies outside Novartis. The position requires a high level of precision and respect of deadlines. There is a strong emphasis on good written communication and collaboration skills.
- Support in-house trademark attorney including, in preparing correspondence and review of documents and products, especially in the field of parallel trade. Tasks include communicating with external counsel, global & local business colleagues and with companies outside Novartis.
- Project management
- Assist in managing the global parallel import strategy with local lawyers/local business colleagues.
- Information management using databases (eg OneNote, SharePoint, Memotech) (training provided on all software systems).
- Prepare for and attend meetings with internal team, local counsel and/or local business colleagues (including agenda management, minute-taking and follow-up, at trademark attorneys' instruction).
- Work with the in-house paralegal team to assist on various trademark related tasks.
- Assist in the preparation of response documents, eg status reports & updates and legal research.
- Effectively support the Trademarks and the IP attorneys to achieve business goals.
Education & Experience:
Ongoing or recently finalized studies in law, preferably at an advanced level. Paralegal qualification and professional experience appreciated, but not necessary.
Knowledge of Intellectual Property and or the Pharma field preferable.
Languages: English, additional language preferred
For further details please contact: