Desktop Support Engineer - Cork
Posted on Jan 18, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
IT Desktop Support Engineer | 6 months contract to HIRE | Cork, Ireland | Excellent daily rate
I am recruiting for an IT Desktop Support Engineer, to work in Cork, Ireland. That is a 6 months contract to hire!
You will be performing various degrees of problem analysis and resolution of software and hardware issues relating to desktops and laptops and performing also the below activities while adhering to Service Level Agreements (SLA) and be able to independently prioritize based on urgency.
- Perform Installs, Moves, Adds and Changes (IMACs) of hardware and software
- Become familiar with local and regional infrastructure, key contacts, and escalations in regards to other teams in the business
- Demonstrate outstanding understanding and communication when working with clients, in English and local regional language
- Perform break-fix support for a wide range of hardware and software (site-specific software competency will be trained while on the job)
Preferred Skills and common tasks for the IT Desktop Support Engineer
- Experience-based Windows 7 support
- Hardware support and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Customer service skills
- ITIL Framework and methodology
- Experience with working on ticketing systems like SNOW, Remedy. HPSM etc
- Asset & CI management
- MDM - Understanding on Android and Apple OS
- Basic troubleshooting skills on mobile devices
Shortlisting immediately - phone interview this week.
This role is suitable for an IT Desktop Support Engineer who is looking to work in a professional team within a successful company.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV for consideration now!