Posted on Jan 17, 2020 by Management & Training Corporation
Reports to the Director or Manager as assigned. Responsible for performing a wide variety of complex technical and analytical accounting tasks and procedures.
- Lead special projects involving technical and complex accounting concepts.
- Analyze financial information to be able to identify, summarize and communicate financial status and trends.
- Review and recommend modifications to the accounting system, procedures and policies.
- Post journal entries to the accounting system, review and approve postings by accountants and correct errors and reconcile general ledger accounts and related sub-ledgers.
- Ensure all consolidated inter-divisional, cash receipts, and cash disbursement amounts balance and reconcile on a monthly basis and discrepancies are resolved.
- Prepare and review all monthly fixed asset reports for the applicable facilities and consolidate the individual facility reports at year-end for the annual report submitted to the CPA firms.
- Prepare account reconciliations on a monthly basis and appropriately resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with month-end/year-end closing for all locations.
- Assist with financial audits and special projects.
- Prepare and/or review periodic reports, such as Unclaimed Property Reporting, Sales and Use Tax Reports, and Census Reports.
- Provide backup support for Pcard Administrator.
- Provide positive, quality customer service to corporate and facility staff.
- Exhibit strong skills in time management, financial analysis, and communication.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field. Master's degree in accounting preferred. 2-4 years of accounting experience. Interest in advancement and growth in the accounting field. Strong grasp of accounting procedures and principles. Knowledge of advanced or technical accounting concepts preferred. Advanced MS Excel skills. Experience with mid to large sized company accounting system suite preferred. Must be willing and able to travel. Interested in participating in a collaborative team environment. Unless waived by management, valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.