IT Strategy Lead - Multinational Conglomerate - Competitive Salary
Posted on Jan 17, 2020 by McCabe & Barton
My client, a diverse multinational conglomerate are seeking an experienced IT Strategy Lead who can support the continued improvement of their IT services. The ideal candidate will have experience of reviewing, considering and advising the business on advances in technology relevant to specific business functions.
- Review the use of existing technology and how it is used to support the business.
- Assess current trends in the technology market and make recommendations on ways to implement these trends through possible upgrades, including evaluating the use of alternative suppliers.
- Ensure security policies and deployment of security products in the business are consistent with the latest technology and best practice in the market.
- Effectively identify and manage security risks/threats to the business.
- Review current processes on technology selection and adoption, identifying ways to simplify these processes and facilitate implementation.
- Assess manual/paper-based tasks and recommend solutions for automation.
- Work closely with legal team on implementation of any new or amended contracts/licences to support technology initiatives.
- Ensure IT and technology strategy reflects and supports the needs of a mobile, multi-geography, tech-savvy workforce - with appropriate training for users.
- Provide oversight and support to the IT Contract Manager in managing outsourced contractors.
- Experience providing IT/technology services to similar organisations (complex, growing/start up)
- Must have knowledge of current technology/trends and how they can best be deployed in an office environment and to mobile workforce
- Understanding of how different countries and their teams work/operate (N.B there will be some need for travel to these other countries)
- Experience in managing a team
- Must be used to working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Communicate effectively to support IT strategy
- Ability to interact successfully with senior executives in multiple geographies