Posted on Jan 16, 2020 by Airlines Reporting Corporation
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Finance & Accounting
About The Role:
ARC is searching for a Senior Accountant to join our team in Arlington, VA. As a Senior Accountant, you will analyze revenue and expenses to ensure they are recorded properly according to GAAP, prepare monthly account reconciliations, prepare various schedules (capital leases, deferred rent, operating leases, FAS106 test, amortization, and more). Additionally, you will assist with Annual Audits, Tax audits, assist with preparations of the Board of Director Operating Margin Reports, Non-qualify life insurance reconciliations, Cash Flow Statements, help formulate the Finance budget for each upcoming year and support adhoc project requests from the Accounting Manager and Controller.
If you are looking to showcase your Accounting experience while growing your professional skills, then we want to hear from you. Come innovate with us!
What You'll Get to Do:
- Perform accounting activities including preparing journal entries, month-end accruals, month-end closing entries, allocations, account reconciliations and the preparation of financial statements
- Create and maintain schedules required to track Lease payments for property, equipment and Rent for all facilities; recognition of Prepaid/ deferred Expenses and Accruals
- Prepare Expense and Revenue accruals for various departmental and divisional lines and prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Respond to ad hoc requests from various internal business partners and external customers or institutions. Provide continuous support for both internal and external customers
- Ensure that our three Financial systems (Forecaster/FRX/GP) are in sync and reconciled with our actual, forecast, and budget data and file uploads. Ensure our allocations and roll up structures are current and updated and assist with the annual budget
- Support audit activities (internal, Tax, business) by preparing various PBC's and disclosure notes as well as the Cash Flow Statement. Assist with Federal, State, Property Tax filing
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- 4+ years of general accounting experience to include analyzing revenue and expenses according to GAAP, preparing monthly account reconciliations and preparing various schedules.
- Demonstrated knowledge of databases, design spreadsheets and create reports and documents
- CPA certification preferred
What We Can Offer You:
- Our team is motivated, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, we embrace challenges, and we explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- Our employees value the flexibility at ARC that allows them to truly balance their professional lives and personal lives.
- We offer a highly competitive, progressive benefits package and hands-on learning and development opportunities.
- For more than half a century, ARC has been a trusted provider of settlement services, settling more than $86 billion in transactions between airlines and travel agencies each year.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.