Posted on Jan 16, 2020 by Boeing
The Machinist will work in the Machine Shop set up and operating computer numeric controlled production equipment. This employee will work with minimum supervision fabricating various metallic and composite production parts.
The Machinist will support the Manufacturing Group in our Bridgeport, WV facility.
- Perform all aspects of machining to include setup and operation of equipment such as: 3-axis and 5-axis CNC mills, lathes, routers, manual milling machine and manual lathes
- Produce quality products in a timely manner using specifications and documents in conjunction with written work instructions
- Adhere to all safety and security requirements within the facility
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and written work instructions
- Use of various measuring techniques used to validate conformance to requirements
- Effective interfacing with Engineers and Quality personnel
- Use of hand debur tools
- Good written and verbal communication
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Documented apprenticeship or trade school certification considered in combination of experience
- Knowledge of geometric tolerancing is required
- Basic computer skills
- Must be a U.S. Person
- Must be able to work any shift
- Must be able to lift/carry up 40lbs unassisted
- Must be able to work in a Manufacturing shop floor environment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.