Project Manager - AI & fintech start-up - Dutch speaking only
Posted on Jan 16, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
My client is an AI technology scale-up headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
With the goal of bridging the gap between images and data, they are working to bring AI-based solutions to marketers at clients like Heineken, Unilever, Philips, L'Oreal, and Coca-Cola.
They add value in areas such as Location Analysis, Trends Analysis, and Marketing Intelligence. They have big plans and are expanding globally, so this is a great chance to jump on board a start-up in scaling phase and contribute to shaping the company massively. Today, they have offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Vienna, and New York.
Over the past few years, their teams have solved a wide variety of cases, such as analysing beer drinking and hairstyle trends by utilizing our Visual Recognition Tools, as well as identifying prospective leads by generating intelligence dashboards derived from Visual Content Analysis.
As a Project Manager in their currently 4-person Project team, you will manage the day-to-day running of the projects and consistently contribute to innovating and improving processes.
They're currently in a fast-growing stage, therefore there's a great opportunity in impacting the company success on a huge scale.
In terms of who you are, you consider yourself a digital native with a passion for innovation, customer experience, and confidence in employing the latest tools to provide clients with cutting edge solutions. More specifically, some of the typical responsibilities include:
- Building a close working relationship with our external clients and leading them through each project milestone to the final delivery, focusing on retention.
- Creating the scope of work by identifying and translating user stories from the client together with UX, discussing the project deliverables with the Data Science team, and turning this into a solid planning.
- Managing the delivery of projects effectively by monitoring progress, identifying risks, and implementing strategies to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Optimising internal communications and workflows with our Data Science and Product teams to keep standard projects on track while innovating on custom features.
- Bachelor/Master degree in a quantitative field (Business Administration, Computer Science, IT, Economics)
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in project management in IT
- Strong affinity with data analytics
- Experience working in an external, client-facing position
- Preferably experience working in a consultancy or managing large projects
- Excellent communication skills and experience in building relationships with multiple levels and functions, internal and external to the company
- Fluency in English, speaking and writing
What's in it for you?
- Great office location right in the city centre of Amsterdam
- Working within an international team that truly values your contribution
- An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level
- Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of snacks, drinks, birthday treats, and social events
- Monthly team events and weekly Friday company catch-ups and drinks
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NL Work Visa or NL Residency or NL Citizenship. You MUST speak fluent Dutch for this role - if you do not speak DUTCH - please do not apply for this role.