Technical Consultant BCDR (AWS)
Posted on Jan 16, 2020 by Darwin Recruitment
As Technical Consultant BCDR (business continuity and disaster recovery) you are responsible for drawing up clear planning, conducting this planning, validating disaster recovery (DR) testing, documenting the DR testing, enthusing RGN IT colleagues to ensure that their business applications are DR proof set up and support these RGN IT colleagues with the ultimate goal of having a disaster recovery test for all business applications by the end of 2020 according to the business continuity requirements. And if we can't meet these requirements for some reason, you have to come up with a conscious trade-off that needs to be documented and approved by the security board.
Over the past two years, my client has moved all their business applications from the on-premise data centers to the AWS cloud, largely running most business applications within the AWS environment.
Your role is to ensure that they run properly, validate systematically and structured by all business applications whether the business applications disaster recovery proof have been set up within AWS. You will also have to look at the business applications that run at 3rd parties.
The goal is that you can validate yourself (within AWS) how all particular business application run. Based on your analysis, you can come to an opinion what needs to be adapted to make this application DR proof. The disaster recovery tests will then have to be planned and carried out in consultation with the development scrum team. My client also likes to ask you to ensure that the disaster recovery test is well documented in their Confluence environment so that it is refeasible. This is to ensure that after completion this project it is well documented and the development scrum teams will really feel ownership of this DR test.
You will work closely with the development scrum teams but also with the cloud engineers within the Cloud Infra Solutions team. You also work closely with the business to achieve a clear and realistic business continuity plan. This applies mainly to the business applications that my client has developed themselves, but an analysis (and plan of action) will also have to be prepared for their SAAS solutions. For this purpose, agreements will have to be made with the SAAS suppliers (if necessary).
- Domain Manager Cloud Infra Solutions
- Program manager Secure20 program that this project is a part of
- Cloud engineers from Cloud Infra Solutions team
- Development Scrum teams
As Technical Consultant BCDR you are responsible for:
- Drawing up a clear schedule for our own business applications that run within AWS
- Alignment with the relevant PO's and running this schedule
- Reporting on the progress of the planning
- Validating the business continuity plan in relation to the various business applications
- Aligning with the development scrum teams
- Ensuring that a disaster recovery test has been carried out for all business applications
- Share learned lessons from these DR tests with the development scrum teams
- Drawing up a clear schedule for validating all our SAAS solutions
- Document well so it's clear how and when the applications have been tested
- Ensure a good transfer to the RGN IT organization
- Ensure a clear process regarding the frequent execution of these DR testing
- Ensure a process so that the BCDR requirements regularly validated
- You are analytical, communicative and work structured
- You have affinity with business continuity plans and the translation to IT requirements
- You can make good risk estimates so that we can address the biggest risks first
- Knowledge of AWS (preferably hands-on) that allows you to validate whether the current (but also future) business applications have been set up disaster proof
- You have strong project management skills
- It's an advantage if you already have experience with similar DR projects
- You are a service providing, energetic, social and decisive person who has the drive to improve things.
- You have an eye for both people, processes, technology and have a pragmatic approach
- You can enthuse and encourage others to embrace improvements
- Result-oriented: thanks to you, we can perform disaster recovery tests frequently for our business applications
- Freelance contract
- 12 months at least
- Possibility of permanent position (not required)
- Competitive hourly rate
- Start assignment ASAP
I'm hiring fast. Don't delay - send your CV to (see below) or give me a call right away!
Tony Sleper | Tech Recruiter
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€80k - €100k Annual
€600 - €660 Daily