Senior Java Developer
Posted on Jan 15, 2020 by Appcast
Corporate IT is actively searching for experienced expert-level Java Developers who will leverage their technology skills to develop business solutions within the healthcare industry. The Java Developer role will be part of newly formed development teams within LabCorp and contribute to creating and implementing enterprise standards for a web service platform (RESTful APIs). The applicant will be challenged with cutting-edge technologies to provide a modern framework for Java/Linux-based solutions, Docker container, virtualized machines, and cloud platforms (eg AWS). As part of a clinical development team you will enable newly envisioned clinician workflows revolutionizing the healthcare industry worldwide. Your services will enable rapid delivery of clinical decision support, AI modeling, and many other services improving millions of lives.
The prospective candidate will be engaged in a wide variety of work, including but not limited to web applications and web service development, platform development, and automation. Your role will include dealing with complex business integrations, eliciting requirements, and implementing secure and high-performance services consumed by various devices and applications across the organization and customers. You'll drive the evolution of our solutions and ensure that we meet our internal and external clients' software requirements.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to "helping people live longer and healthier lives" every day.
* Develops complex RESTful webservices in a cross-functional and agile development team
* Contributes to the SOA standards for the company
* Follows best practices for test-driven development (unit testing and beyond)
* Designs functional/system integration tests and automation.
* Collaborates with users and Business Analyst on product requirements analysis.
* Performs code and design reviews with peers.
* Conducts complex impact analysis.
* Contributes complex application architecture.
* Contributes complex technical alternatives.
* Pushes the envelope with innovative and creative thinking
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent technical experience.
* 5-10-year experience and expert knowledge of Java (9+) enterprise development.
* Expert knowledge of Spring Boot/Tomcat and microservice oriented development.
* Excellent working experience with Spring Core, Spring Security, Hibernate, Maven, and other frameworks.
* Advanced knowledge of web service technologies like JAX-RS, JSON, WSDL, Redis.
* Experience with NoSQL implementations (eg, MongoDB, Hadoop, DocumentDB).
* Experience with developing highly efficient RDBMS SQL (eg DB2, Oracle).
* Experience with cloud-based implementations (eg AWS, Azure, or similar)
* Work as a multi-skilled professional practicing Agile/SCRUM methodology.
* Strong knowledge of test-driven development and continuous integration.
* Passion for collaboration and working on agile teams
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$130k - $150k Annual