Posted on Jan 15, 2020 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
*Permanent full time role*
- Administer and manage the network infrastructure. This includes planning, designing, configuring, installing, documenting, monitoring, and supporting asset management processes.
- Maintain highly available systems. The Network Engineer is an essential staff member, and is expected to be on-call for emergency issues at all times. Scheduled outages for maintenance or upgrades must occur during maintenance windows which may require evening, night, and weekend work.
- Administer the Internet-facing Cisco Routers at the various Company locations, including peering relationships with the Company's Internet Service Providers.
- Monitor and maintain existing network infrastructure, troubleshoot network issues, and ensure optimal network behavior.
- Monitor and maintain network security in compliance with Company IT Security Policy and Security standards.
- Accept ownership of the network environment at the Company, including the design, implementation, testing, and documentation of network devices.
- Monitor network utilization and plan network capacity upgrades and enhancements as required.
- Analyze and troubleshoot internal and external Voice-over-IP issues.
- Monitor and maintain telecom endpoints including turrets, conference phones, and desk phones.
- Work with telecom hosted service provider on maintenance activities and planned upgrades.
- Collaborate with Company Help Desk and vendor in fulfilling user requests and resolving technical issues.
- Coordinate installation and maintenance of telephone and data circuits by carriers and service providers.
- Manage telecommunications hosted service and provider.
- Serve as first point-of-contact for all carriers and service providers.
- Ensure all escalation lists used by carriers and service providers are accurate on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate all services calls with external support vendors of telecom systems at the Company.
- Coordinate activities by vendors on third-party network infrastructure and externally-managed network assets.
- Work with vendors, analyze appropriate product offerings, and develop new products and services as required by the business units.
- Support the Company's diversity and inclusion strategy by following policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for diverse vendors.
- Assist with other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco infrastructure administration.
- 2+ years of experience administering telecommunication systems in an office environment.
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA,CCDP,CCNP ) or equivalent job/training experience required, most recent responsibilities showing a progression to that of a Tier 3 Support Engineer (or similar capacity).
- Strong understanding of Local & Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN) and should possess a firm grasp of TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, etc.) required.
- Experience with Voice-over-IP protocols (such as SIP, H.323, RTP/SRTP) required.
- Understanding of Firewall technologies, VPN management, and Network Intrusion detection systems preferred.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Model required, specifically in incident and change management.
- Attention to detail, problem solving, and results oriented skills required.
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse groups of individuals, build and maintain respectful relationships, collaborate with others, and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills required.
- Experience supporting IT service delivery in a highly-regulated and audited environment preferred.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: