Posted on Jan 15, 2020 by Ginger Recruitment
£50,000 - £65,000
Firmware Developer or Software Developer is needed to join UK leading innovation team. Are you a Firmware Developer or Software Developer ready to join one of the UK's greatest success stories and has been recognised as tomorrows tech leaders? As a Firmware Developer or Software Developer do you want to be involved with cutting edge leading designs that is attracting interest and investment from multiple sector? Have you got an understanding of Battery Powered Bluetooth and GPS devices and want to work in an innovation lab that will embrace your established Firmware innovation skills? The Firmware Developer role is critical to the ongoing success and future growth of the company, you will be required to support the design and development of next-generation products with a detailed understanding of Embedded firmware development.
The Ideal Firmware Developer:
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Proven knowledge of Programming in C
- Experience in writing for Cortex M3/M4
- Understanding of hardware and interfaces - ARM, USB, UART, Nordic Semi, ST, MAXIM, I2C and SPI
- Good general knowledge of PCB layout and circuit design and discrete electronic components
- Bluetooth background (Profiles, specifications, use cases, devices which modules can connect to)
- Windows based test tool application development - C#/C++, .NET
- MQTT/TCP/IP knowledge of stacks, porting, sockets or testing
- Firmware development using task schedule and RTOS (eg. Free-ARTOS, Zephyr)
- Demonstrated experience in participating on global multi-disciplinary product development teams
- Managing build processes and source code maintenance
- Knowledge of statutory regulations and industry standards
- Experience in LTE-M, Cat M1, NB-IoT, LoRa is an advantage
- GPS and WIFI are desirable
- Eclipse, GCC, Keil, IAR, GitHub
- Experience with IoT (Internet of things), Wireless technology etc. would be desirable
Key responsibilities of the Firmware Developer:
- Develop robust, tested and documented Embedded C firmware and regression test software
- Testing and Validation of all new development and improvements to ensure robust comprehensive solutions
- Provision of solutions for challenges affecting new to market products
- Application of proper project management processes with the complete documentary record to ensure safekeeping and traceability of constructions, modifications and improvements.
- Influence projects and turn ideas into reality
- Assist in patent generation, keeping laboratory notebooks, preparing invention disclosures, and working with corporate attorneys in researching, writing and filing patent applications.
Ginger Recruitment is an independent North West recruitment consultancy, based in Ribchester. Servicing businesses across the Ribble Valley, Lancashire & the UK, we aim to build long-term relationships with clients and candidates to help find the right person for the vacancy.
By submitting your CV to Ginger Recruitment Services Ltd (GRSL), you are consenting to GRSL providing you with recruitment services as an agency defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and authorising GRSL to work seek on your behalf. You are consenting to your CV being forwarded to clients via electronic mail. You are also giving your consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database and it's use in order to secure employment.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive per vacancy, we are unable to respond to every candidate personally and so if you have not heard back from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£250 - £300 Daily
£25k - £30k Annual
£475 - £475 Daily
£40k - £50k Annual